Battery Maintenance Tips
February 19, 2016 Category: News
During the winter season, if your collar is experiencing the following symptoms here are some of our recommendations.
- Batteries are running down much quicker
- Receiver or Transmitter stops responding even though it is not due time for a charge
- Stimulation is intermittent or inaccurate
- Range drastically affected
- Units shut off unexpectedly.
If you see some of the signs above, please try the following before calling our Stand-by Customer Service Representatives:
- When using units in freezing or below freezing temperatures for long periods of time, please protect your transmitter from the cold by keeping it in your jacket or vest.
- Charge the units more frequently and make sure to do so for the full charging time recommended in your owners manual prior to use
- When charging, make sure to charge unit at room temperature and check for any water or moisture gathered inside the charging port, dry if needed.
- Do not store or leave overnight your units in cold conditions such as unheated garages, sheds or vehicles.
- If your unit has batteries older than 2~3 years, replacement of the batteries can eliminate some of this problems also.